Data Warehousing is applied Big Data Management and a key success factor in almost every company. Without a data warehouse, no company today can control its processes and make the right decisions on a strategic level as there would be a lack of data transparency for all decision makers. Bigger comanies even have multiple data warehouses for different purposes.
In this series of articles I would like to explain what a data warehouse actually is and how it is set up. However, I would also like to explain basic topics regarding Data Engineering and concepts about databases and data flows.
To do this, we tick off the following points step by step:
- Database Concepts: ACID vs BASE
- Database Concepts: CAP Theorem
- Normalization of Databases (coming soon)
- Data Warehouse Data Models (coming soon)
- Data Lake Concepts (coming soon)